Westcliff Community Works
Would you like a Buddy?
- Feel isolated
- Not socialise
- Feel lonely
- Lack confidence
- Need help with health and wellbeing issues
Would you benefit from having a buddy to:
- Attend activities with you
- Make new friends
- Help build your confidence
- Feel less isolated
- Help you achieve your goals
- Join new groups/activities
If you have answered yes to any of the above and live in the Brumby Ward area or know someone who does, then please get in contact with us. We can arrange to come to your house to discuss how we can support you.
Would you like to be a Volunteer Buddy?
What a Volunteer Buddy can do for people:
- Visit people in their own home
- Support people to attend appointments / meetings / activities
- Help with healthy living choices
The benefit of being a Volunteer Buddy:
- Meet new people
- Gain new skills
- Be part of the community
- Make a real difference in someones life
- Fill your spare time
We are looking for people of all ages, no experience needed as full training and support will be given. You can give as much or as little of your time as you would like. If you would like to volunteer or talk to someone about the project then please do get in contact, we will be happy to talk to you.
The Ways to Wellness project has a group of volunteers trained as Buddies ready and waiting to support people. For more information or to sign up and get a Buddy or become a Volunteer Buddy, pop in to Westcliff Community Works at the Arc reception and ask for Linsey, Rae or Linda, or you can phone (01724) 298818.