Back to News
Tips to help you stay well during hot weather
Posted on 20 Jul 2021
- Drink plenty of water. One of the best ways to avoid heat-related illness is to drink plenty of water.
- Keep your body cool. Keeping as cool as possible can also help you prevent heat-related illness. Make sure you stay out of the sun.
- Keep your house cool. You can help keep your house cool by shutting curtains and blinds during the day.
- Take care of others. Visit or call elderly friends, neighbours or relatives at least once a day. Check they have water in the fridge and encourage them to drink it.
- Have a plan. Keep an eye on the weather forecast and know who to call if you need help.
- Keep your food safe. Make sure food that needs refrigeration is properly stored, and defrost foods in the fridge, not on the kitchen bench.
- Stay safe in the sun. If you need to go outside in the sun, it's important to protect you and your children's skin.
- When it cools down. When the heat has passed, continue to drink plenty of water.