Back to News
Mental Health Support available in North Lincolnshire
Posted on 20 Jul 2020
With the current COVID-19 pandemic, it’s natural that many people may be feeling more anxious than usual.
However, if you regularly experience feelings of stress, anxiety, or low mood, you might want to seek some additional support.
- Scunthorpe and district Mind - They offer 1-1 telephone appointments during the day, and their service ‘The Haven’ for people experiencing mental health distress is also open 7 days a week, 6pm-midnight. To contact them call 01724 279500. The Mind website also contains helpful tips and resources for dealing with mental health difficulties. Visit www.mind.org.uk
- Samaritans - Available 24/7 to talk to in confidence either via telephone on 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Mind Matters - As an NHS campaign, this website provides tips for people of all ages struggling with low mood and poor mental health, and has links to helpful apps , books and other resources. Visit www.nhs.uk/oneyou/
- Kooth - Provides free counselling and support for people aged 11-25 struggling with their mental health. Visit www.kooth.com
- Your GP - If your mood is consistently low, you may want to get in touch with your GP. They may be able to arrange for telephone counselling or medication to help you
- North Lincolnshire Crisis Team - If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, please call the Crisis Team on 01724 382015